General Manager – Operations
The Nordic Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Bangladesh (NCCI) is seeking an enthusiastic professional to serve as the General Manager – Operations, to manage the daily administrative duties of the Chamber.
The Nordic Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Bangladesh (NCCI) was founded on 23rd November 2010 as a non-profit organization under the joint initiative of the Nordic Companies and Embassies in Bangladesh. The NCCI’s primary objective is to act as a unified voice of Nordic businesses in Bangladesh. NCCI fosters knowledge sharing platform for its members, organize business events, create awareness of Nordic technology solutions and promote Bangladesh as an attractive investment destination to Nordic investors.
The Role of General Manager
The General Manager shall be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Chamber. The position will also include significant elements of work in public relations, advocacy, member’s services and event management. This position reports to Executive Committee and operates under the direction of the Executive Director. Duties shall include the following:
– Responsible for administering daily operations of the Chamber including maintaining records, calendar administration, meeting planning, and communication management for the Executive Committee.
– Monitor and account for all expenses and income from Chamber activities, maintain daily ledger of incoming receipts, process all accounts receivable and payable, maintain petty cash for routine operations and handle all bank deposits and investment.
– Assist the Treasurer and the Executive Director in the preparation of the Annual budget and work plan. Work with the Finance Consultant to produce quarterly financial reports.
– Coordinate membership services, new member sales and retention of members. Maintain accurate and up-to-date membership records
– Process all new member applications and provide appropriate follow-up to new members on membership benefits and opportunities.
– Plan, organize and execute programs, seminar, workshop and maintain a master calendar of Chamber events. Provide support and serve on Standing committees as needed.
– Maintain liaison with relevant Government Agencies, Foreign Missions, Chambers of Commerce, Trade Associations, Think Tanks, Trade Promotion Organization, Local Partners and other Stakeholders.
– Assist with managing Chamber’s media relations, including media liaison, press releases and monitoring media coverage. Also provide assistance with management of Chamber publications.
– Monitor and update the Chamber website social media page with accurate content and information.
Required Qualifications and Experience
– Have at least a Bachelors degree in business administration, general management or other relevant degree
– Non-profit Management and Administrative Experience in an international and multi-cultural business environment is preferable. A good understanding of the Nordic business and culture is an advantage.
– Must have a deep understanding of business culture and organizational environment in Bangladesh
Requested Qualities and Competencies
– Outstanding correspondence skills in both English and Bangla
– Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project), Working knowledge of WordPress and Project Management Tools is preferable, Knowledge of basic social media platforms
– Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting knowledge
– Excellent facilitation and advocacy skills
– Possess excellent networking skills, entrepreneurially orientated, ability to take independent initiatives and implement own ideas
– Result-oriented, able to multi-task and work independently in a fast paced environment
– Be self-motivated, extrovert and confident to deal with business community
– Willing to work some evenings and weekends when required.
Salary & Benefits: NCCI offers competitive salary and benefits package.
Job location: NCCI Secretariat, Banani, Dhaka
Only qualified candidates will be considered in the hiring process. Please send a letter of motivation and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicants are requested to mention the name of the position applied in the email subject. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Last Date of Application: January 14, 2015